Sunday, May 12, 2013

Into Darkness with Bright Expectations...


The new Star Trek reboot successfully brought life and energy back into a what was a tired franchise.  The new film makes me nervous, but also hopeful.  I'm nervous because the returning writers can be quite good, but they also don't seem to care about massive plot problems (see: Transformers 1&2).  If the film is good enough, you can overcome these issues.  I'm hopeful because Orci and Kurtzman absolutely nailed the characters in 2009 and I'm quite confident they can rise to the occasion again.  They seem to actually care about getting things right too.  It's the little details that matter, whether it be a tribble lying around or a casual mention of Admiral Archer.  Sounds like there will be some good winks to Trek fans in Into Darkness as well. 

Just three more days until I see this in 3D IMAX format.  Am I excited?  Would I be writing this blog otherwise?

End transmission.

-Starbase 133


No comments:

Post a Comment